Return To Blog
Searching for Homes for Sale in Highlands Ranch, CO? 5 Tips About the Area
March 31, 2016
When looking for Highlands Ranch real estate, there are a few things to think about when choosing a new home, especially if you are new to the area. Your realtor can help you with the search itself, but you need to be sure the area accommodates your lifestyle. Below is information about the area to help you see if this is the right area for you both in the short and long term.
When searching for Highlands Ranch real estate, let us at Colorado Home Sales help you find the perfect home in the area. Begin your search with Colorado Home Sales
- Schools: Highlands Ranch schools in the Douglas County School District are a great choice. With options for early childhood and elementary education to middle and high school, there are a variety of programs to help your children succeed. According to the Douglas County School District’s strategic plan, they have four strategies to help teach students including safety, choice, world-class education and system performance. Find more information about this school district to see if it is a fit for you and your children’s goals.
- Dining Options: If you enjoy eating at restaurants, there is a variety in the area to choose from. Some of Trip Advisor’s top restaurants in Highlands Ranch include Old Blinking Light, Crave Real Burgers, Beso Tapas and Wine Bar and Urban Egg. From fast food and quick service restaurants, to upscale establishments, there are a variety of restaurants in the area to choose from for a great meal.
- Outdoor Activities: When looking for homes for sale in Highlands Ranch, CO, there is plenty to do if you are one that loves the outdoors. Colorado’s state website explains the city has 19 parks, many of which you can take your dogs off-leash to. There is also over 60 miles of trails for walking, running or biking. There are also two skate parks and sporting facilities.
- Shopping: Just minutes from Highlands Ranch is the Park Meadows shopping mall open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday. They have a variety of stores from electronics and fashion to home goods. The Park Meadows mall also has a variety of restaurant options as well, from full service to snacks and beverages. When it comes to grocery stores, Highlands Ranch has a Whole Foods, King Soopers, Safeway, Natural Grocers and Walmart. There are also many stores in neighboring cities as well just a few minutes away.
- Entertainment: Highlands Ranch has a variety of places to go for something fun to do! Want to catch a movie? Visit the AMC Highlands Ranch 24. Love history? Take a tour of the historic Highlands Ranch Mansion (that is over 120 years old!). There are many opportunities for relaxation in the city as well. Schedule a massage at Cashmere Salon & Day Spa, Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa or even La Tierra Salon & Day Spa.
and give us a call at 720-220-2059
to get started!