Return To Blog
Looking at Littleton, CO Real Estate on a Budget
April 27, 2016
Moving on a budget can seem like a real hassle. Perhaps you’re moving to Colorado because you're relocating for a job. Perhaps you are looking for a beautiful place to live where you can get more bang for your buck in the real estate market. Whatever your reasons are, there are many ways to stretch your budget while you are navigating through the list of homes for sale in Littleton, CO.
Examining Littleton real estate can be a daunting task, but if you go through the checklist above, you will be sure of what you can afford before you decide on a house. Experienced Colorado realtors will be happy to take your budget into account as well as any other desires you might have. There are a lot of things you might consider as a want - a pool, a big backyard, a house with a park nearby, a house in a certain school district - and we will be happy to help you find a house that fits all of those wants in addition to your budget. Contact Colorado Home Sales today to get started!
- Down Payment. Check how much you can pay as a down payment, and how much you think you’ll be able to afford to pay for your mortgage.
- Listings. Look at some of the homes for sale in Littleton, CO that fit into the parameters you established. We have great listings in Littleton on our website.
- Moving costs. Make sure you set aside $1,000 - $3,000 for your moving expenses. These can include:
- Physical expenses (e.g. movers, rental truck)
- Cost of gas (if driving)
- Cost of food along the way (if driving)
- Cost of overnight lodgings (if driving long-distance)
- Flight costs (if flying)
- Airport pickup to hotel/new residence (if flying)
- New furniture. Decide if you are going to buy new furniture, because this can be a costly investment. If you are, it could save you on transportation costs, though.
- Storage. Rent a storage unit if you have not already found the perfect house, so you do not have to worry about keeping your rental truck for a long period of time.
- View houses. Go with your real estate agent upon arrival to find the home that is perfect for all your wants and needs. Things to consider are:
- Kitchen size
- Tile/carpet/wood flooring condition
- Wallpaper/interior paint condition
- Stability/functionality of roof
- Exterior aesthetics
- Number of bedrooms/bathrooms
- Renovations. Factor in the cost of any renovations that are wanted/needed prior to buying the home to make sure that it falls within the scope of your budget